First I used the Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies in a Roasted Vegetable Soup. This is the easiest soup you will ever make and it is so delicious. It is also so versatile - you can really use most any vegetable you like in it.
Roasted Vegetable Soup
1-2 Bell Peppers quartered I used both green and red)
1 red onion cut up
1 Can Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
5 cloves garlic
3 Roma Tomatoes Halved
2 Carrots chopped
Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Put all of the vegetables in a large bowl and drizzle olive oil over the vegetable and toss to coat.
Place all of the vegetables on a lined baking sheet (I line mine with a Silpat.)
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Bake at 400 until all the vegetables are soft and nice and roasted.
Put all the vegetables back in the large bowl and using an immersion blender - blend all the vegetables to your desired consistency (I like mine with a very small chunk - basically a step above smooth)
Serve immediately. You can garnish with slices of Avocado or a dollop of sour cream.
Optional: Add in Thyme, oregano, basil or red pepper flakes.
This also makes a great tomato sauce.
My whole family loved it. I especially loved it because I was able to use up a lot of vegetables that I needed to before I couldn't use them anymore. I also loved this recipe because I didn't have to use all fresh tomatoes because in the winter they just don't taste as good and Del Monte Canned tomatoes (plus their fruits and vegetables) contain the same essential nutrients as fresh.
For some additional inspiration on recipes and game day snacks, check out Del Monte on Pinterest.
But wait - they are also having a sweepstakes that I know I am entering!
• Follow the Del Monte Brand on Pinterest
• Create a Pinterest board named “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off”
• Pin at least two (2) Del Monte Tomato Recipes from the “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off” Pinterest board and at least two (2) football entertaining ideas
• Register your Pinterest board to the Del Monte page from January 21st through February 15th to be entered into the Del Monte® Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes program
• Get ready for a chance to win one of the many prizes available, including an ultimate entertainment package with a Sony® 55” LED TV, Bose® home theater system and Sony® Blu-ray player (ARV $4,779.00 USD).
Now for the GIVEAWAY. Del Monte is offering one Living Changerously reader a gift pack that will contain:
• (1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
• (1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
• $25 Visa gift card
How can you win?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Disclaimer:The Del Monte products, information and two gift packs have been provided by Del Monte. The recipe and opinions expressed in this post are my own.